Explore advanced industry concepts and practices in emerging media; discovering and applying these ideas to a campaign. Students prepare, present and defend a graduate project suitable for a professional audience.
Course Focus: This course is a survey of new media that are affecting advertising and marketing, with emphasis on the interactive and creative side of media development. Topics which may be discussed include banner ads, mobile advertising, analytics, social networks, image sharing networks, video sharing networks, microblogs, and interactive TV. In addition new, disruptive hardware tech will be explored, including Near-Field Communication (NFC), Virtual Reality (VR), and Augmented Reality (AR).
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Research new media delivery channels
- Recognize emerging advertising; identify the successful strategies
- Evaluate appropriate data to support an advertising and marketing decision or campaign
- Analyze emerging models to identify successful strategies
- Create executions specific to various target audiences and delivery mechanisms
- Identify the demographic attributes of a target audience
- Determine delivery mechanisms appropriate for the subject