Course Description: This courses examines the concepts and methodologies used in emerging technology. In this course students research new interactive media technologies and develop projects around their research.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Recognize technology directions from readings in industry periodicals.
- Describe career opportunities using the new technology.
- Evaluate professional skills relative to above applications/technologies in possible career paths and projects in the above-mentioned areas.
- Compare and contrast types and availability of new emerging technologies and how they are/will effect industry trends.
- Application of the technologies necessary for implementation of emerging trends in hands on project.
Course Focus Competencies:
- Learn the specific technologies required to implement a specific emerging technology
- Create a simple system using features of a specific emerging technology.
- Create a document describing an emerging technology project, its relationship to current technology, professional skills, and career opportunities.
- Develop a project in the context of emerging technology using a mix of authoring and programming.