This course covers real-world pre-production methods and research for interactive media. Emphasis is on content research, assessing client needs, pre-production assets, and planning of advanced interactive communication publications.
This course covers principles of writing in general and the specifics of creating copy suitable for the web, apps, and E-commerce systems. Techniques that help create meaningful and understandable copy are explored, and applied to areas including online shopping, content marketing, and writing for blogs and other web-based media.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
Define prototyping methodologies
- Describe the techniques and iterative process of prototyping
- Discuss the role of prototyping in the design and development of digital publications
Create prototypes for interactive publications
- Evaluate industry standards for designing non-linear prototypes
- Apply theories and techniques towards the design and production of prototypes
Evaluate effectiveness and usability of interactive prototypes
- Identify methods of usability testing
- Apply various user-testing methods
- Conduct peer-review of functional effectiveness
- Propose design revisions based on testing results
Present completed prototypes
- Generate professional quality prototype presentations