Curriculum Development, UX, Web & Graphic Design 6/4/2020
Over the last several years, I've developed individual courses and even entire programs in Web and Graphic Design, UX, even Digital Marketing. I've participated in program development, creating course and program objectives (PLOs and CLOs), and development individual courses. Courses are designed to blend - they can be taught on-ground, or online. I'm experienced with both the BrightSpace/D2L and Canvas/Instructure Learning Management Systems (LMS).
Columbia College Graphic Design & Interactive Media Program
- Define course progress and course competencies (CLOs) for Graphic Design, UX, and Web Development
- Create course syllabi and courses in a Learning Management System (LMS)
- Validate CLOs and PLOs against similar design programs
- Helped define course and program competencies
- Create course syllabi and outlines
- Authored individual courses in UX, Graphic Design and Web Design in Canvas LMS
- Rubrics, evaluation criteria for student success
- Taught individual courses, on-ground and online
Hussian Media UX Graduate Program
- Needed a UX Subject Matter Expert (SME) to design the program
- Create course descriptions, prerequisites, course and program competencies
- Develop individual courses in Design, UX Research, Prototype, HCI, Interaction Design, Usability Testing, Prototype Development
- Program Competencies (PLOs)
- Course Descriptions, Competencies (CLOs)
- Course prerequisites
- Textbooks and Software needed for the program
- Third-party partners required for UX thesis projects
- Construction of individual courses Canvas LMS
- Rubrics and student evaluation criteria
Courses Taught 4/12/2020
The following lists courses I've taught, both on-ground and online in Web Design, Coding, and UX.
Interaction Design 9/18/2018
Interaction Design is part of the UX workflow - converting "user stories" we tell about our audience into a flowchart describing the use of a website, app or game.
User Experience 8/6/2017
User Experience (experience design) teaches a strategy for customer-centric design, basing website or web app features on the audience - in other words, "design as if people mattered". The courses here include market analysis, Persona development, customer journeys, user flows, wireframes, and finally prototypes. See some outstanding examples of my graduates at LucianaFlora.com. A key feature of the program is teaching developers (even hardcore ones) the features of experience design.
Front-End Web Development 7/21/2017
Back-End Web Development 11/2/2018
This program originally introduced students to back-end development, using the web standard language PHP and database MySQL. In recent years, the focus has shifted to Content Management Systems (CMS) like Drupal and WordPress which use these languages.
Design Business 12/14/2015
Students do better design if they are designing for a purpose beyond look and feel. These courses introduce students to web and app business models, market research, and the practical aspects of starting an interactive company in the LA Silicon Beach area.
Digital Marketing 6/2/2017
These courses are taught to Design students, as well as Advertising students and Marketing students in the Fashion Design program. They focus on Digital Marketing techniques including Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, meta-data, Digital Marketing campaigns using tools like Buffer, analytics, including Google Analytics and Google AdWords. Students also learn ad copywriting skills.
Game Design and Development 5/22/2016
Finally, I teach students in all areas in general Math/Science principles, adapting these concepts to those most useful in the design industry. The Biology course matches my doctorate in the area, and Cyber Theory is a romp through the history of Science Fiction!